Sunday 22 April 2012

We Are The Champions

I was nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award this week!  I feel like I passed some sort of blogging initiation/milestone.  A very special thank you to Yes, I'm going to marry a carrot for nominating me.  Check out her blog for some great vegan recipes, healthy eating inspiration and update photos of her twin baby belly.


The rules for the versatile blogger are:
If you are nominated, you've been awarded The Versatile Blogger Award!


    • Thank the person who gave you this award.  That's common courtesy.
    • Include a link to their blog.  That's also common courtesy.
    • Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you've recently discovered or follow regularly and then nominate them for the Versatile Blogger Award.
    • Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
       http://versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com/vba-rules/
I've been blogging for about 7 months and most of the blogs I follow are bigger multi-contributor sites, but I do have a few new and regular indie favorites - in no particular order:


Kate Carraway - Fellow Torontonian, as funny and honest as she is neurotic. 
Music on Vinyl - Music lover who exposes their vinyl collection online and gives music recommendations based on liking a specific band, like they use to do at the video store.
Urban Daddy - Toronto area talks everything from parenthood to hockey to life in the men's washroom.
Funkylindsay - Lindsay's photography of her son is amazing, creative and inspiring.  Check out her Jack Be Nimble and Wizard of Oz.
F#*k Yeah Awesome 90's Stuff and the companion site F#$k Yeah Ugly 90's Stuff for an entertaining blast from the past.
Mommy Wants Vodka is where "Aunt Becky" tells you all about her life.  
Drinking for Two is near to my heart because it's where my good friend, The Granken, recorded my pregnancy/ her drinking - simultaneously.  It was one of the many things that inspired me to create my own blog.  Since Molly & Jack's arrival at has evolved into a blog of all eccentricities Granken.




7 Things about Me:
1. When I graduated high school I debated between going to University for English and Writing or going to college for Funeral Services.  English won.
2. I started taking drum lessons a few months after the twins were born.
3. I love stout beer and white wine.
4. Almost every guy I have ever dated has independently compared me to a badger - cute, but mean as hell.
5. I love doll houses and can't wait to get one for the minions.
6. I have seen Pearl Jam in concert 8 times.
7. My favorite meal is Sunday breakfast where my husband and I drink tea, eat muffins, waffles or donuts, listen to records and play cards. 










1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out and I believe nomination! You would love (if you don't already) the Pearl Jam station on XM Radio. All PJ, all the time!

    My boys, I call them Linus and Stewie in the blogesphere (one loves his blankie, the other I swear is trying to kill us) wanted to know if you named both your twins "Evil" and how you can tell them apart if they look the same, are dressed the same and have the same name. LOL. I told them they could be great at wrestling as they could switch in and out without being noticed. LOL.

    I'm going to add you to my blogroll!

    Cheers
    Warren

    ReplyDelete