Friday 12 May 2023

Happy Mother's Day - I'm still so sorry...

 So, it's time for my annual apology letter to my mom. It's become apparent over the years that children have given me a new perspective on my childhood. So, here we go....

Photo by George Dolgikh: https://www.pexels.com/photo/white-ceramic-teacup-2072170/


Dearest Mom, 

I am so sorry for:

  • interrupting you saying, "I know, I know, I know." and then having to ask you what you just said

  • every time you got a call that saying that I was injured or sick at school and you had to drop everything to come and get me worried the entire time

  • sitting in your favourite spot while eating crackers and leaving crumbs everywhere

  • opening up and abandoning mostly full tins of pop (or, in my kid's cases, sparkling water, ahem, Jack)

  • shoving garbage down the sides of the couch because I was too lazy to get up and throw my trash in the garbage

  • making you relearn math concepts so you could help me study

  • crying when I still don't understand said math concepts

  • putting the milk back in the fridge with less than a sip left

  • throwing a tea towel onto a spill and considering it "cleaned up"

  • leaving my dishes all around the house (and grumbling when you asked me to put them away)

  • complaining about having to get ready for my extracurriculars, despite loving them when I got there

  • putting empty pens away instead of throwing them out

  • losing important things (like charger cords), tweezers, scissors, tape, protractors, only to magically rediscover them as soon as you have bought a replacement

This is just a tiny snippet of many things I am thankful for.

Thank you for everything you did for me, and continue to do for me and my kids.

1 comment:

  1. Such a well written article, thanks for sharing this masterpiece with us!
    Visit us at: Major League Mommy

    ReplyDelete