Sunday 12 May 2019

Mom...I'm Sorry (Happy Mother's Day)

Each year I reflect on some of the more challenging and humorous moments with the kids.  A snapshot of my experiences as a mother.  I then think about all of the crap I put my mom through and form an apology letter. Some of these are specific to my life, but I am likely guilty of some pretty comparable crimes from when I (or my darling siblings were seven...



Dearest Mom,

I am sorry for...

  • waking you up by projectile vomiting all over your bed at 2AM
  • breaking my armoir door by stuffing so much of my random crap in it when I'm supposed to be cleaning my room 
  • scratching your cornea with the corner of a comic book and leaving you unable to function for two and a half days
  • watching the dog eat your laptop charger cord (and doing nothing about it) because I was busy watching TV
  • faking sick from school so I don't have to go to an after school activity that you paid a lot of money for me to attend
  • pretending I was a superhero, falling down the stairs because I was leaning on the baby gate, and knocking out my tooth, on Christmas
  • confessing all of my urgent problems to you (hysterically) an hour and a half after bed time (when dad is out of town and you have a work deadline)
  • telling people that I was the one who taught you all about 'the eff word' because I say it so much
  • snacking on goldfish crackers in your bed because 'I felt like it'
  • telling you about those things that kid did to upset you, two weeks after the fact, when I can do absolutely nothing about it
  • borrowing your jewelry and immediately losing it/breaking it
  • making you sit through school concerts that are longer than Avengers End Game (even when my performance is less than 10 minutes long) 
  • reminding you that it's library/swim/permission form day once we already arrive at school
  • waking you up whenever you nap because I need a snack that I am perfectly capable of getting myself




P.S. Still not sorry for the black lipstick I wore as a teenager!

P.P.S I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!

To see the first ever apology note click here To see the 2017 apology note click hereTo see the 2016 apology note click hereTo see the 2015 apology note click hereTo see the 2014 apology note click hereTo see the 2013 apology note click here


No comments:

Post a Comment