Friday 3 May 2019

The Cure - Disintegration Turns 30

Anyone who has known me for a while has heard me talk about the band The Cure (sometimes ad nauseam #sorry #notsorry).  The Cure has been a soundtrack to my life and today I'm feeling a whole lot of nostalgia. The band was recently inducted into The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and this week their album Disintegration (which I'm currently listening to as I type this) turned 30 years old.

This morning the minions didn't want to get out of the car at school drop off because The Essentials with The Cure were on CBC Radio 2.  Today on a rainy Friday I felt a need to re-explore my love for the band and share a few stories about the kids, The Cure, and the time I was on BBC Radio 4 talking about Jack being scared of a Cure poster as a toddler.





To listen to my story on BBC Radio 4 click here (Jack and my story starts just after 19 minutes).

To read about Jack and how our Robert Smith nursery décor gave him nightmares click here.

To read about where the poster ended up click here.

Happy Friday Everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment