Monday 15 April 2013

Bad

I've had it up to my eyeballs with shabby products lately.  First, I discovered that another 11 batches of the pill Alysena have been recalled including my batch 1901A.   Seriously?  What next, are reps from the drug company going to show up at my door to punch holes into my condoms with some pins?  My pharmacist called me to inform me that they'll do a free exchange to the brand name version Alesse, but will they pay to send a child to college or daycare?

I don't think I've ever been as excited to purchase a package of tampons as I was this weekend.  The cashier might have looked at me strangely had I said how I felt, "Guess what, I'm not pregnant despite your best efforts to turn the women in Canada into Offred from The Handmaid's Tale."  I imagine my specific Canadiana Margaret Atwood reference might be lost on the 15 year old cashier, but none-the-less I'd feel better about my proclamation that I'm onto them and their conspiracy.

  Tampax Logo

Images courtesy of Wikipedia
 
Then on Sunday morning, while we were trying to get the minions ready to attend their cousins baptism, I discovered that the new Nuby sippy cups that we had purchased to try to get the kids off the bottle were faulty.  When dropped from a toddlers height they crack and explode epically, which Molly and Jack found super funny as they continued to pick up and throw down milk bombs around the house in their Sunday best while I tried to ensure that they wouldn't show up at church smelling like old milk.

Next we wrestled the minions in the pew at the baptism before they could go down to the church's infant room.  I now know why gym class teaches wrestling: it's to help prepare you for dealing with toddlers.  "No Jack, that hymn book is not a weapon"*

This morning I was so tired I nearly put Bath and Body Works Vanilla scented hand soap in my hair instead of straightening serum, again.  This week will be better, right?**

Want Multiple Momstrosity updates on Facebook click here?


*And that's when you implement the sleeper hold.
**Until the recall of condoms comes out next month.


1 comment:

  1. I am sorry you have been having a rough week. But thank you for making me laugh! I hope next week is better for you.

    ReplyDelete