Friday 2 January 2015

Revolution (Resolution)

Before Chris and I headed to bed on New Year's Eve we talked about our resolutions for the upcoming year.  I have been thinking a lot about aligning my priorities with my time and finding ways to give things that are important to me more energy and attention and in turn let go of some commitments and obligations that aren't worth the stress.  This will be a major focus for my 2015 resolutions.


Cheers to wine in a can (circa 2009) - Cause I'm classy like that!

I thought I'd share some of my resolutions with you as this is going to influence my blog content and fodder for the year.  Like 2014, I plan to check in every three months to discuss where I'm succeeding and areas of the report card that "need improvement".

  1. I want to make more memories with Molly and Jack and write about these experiences.  Molly and Jack are very often the muses for my writing and I really hope to harness some of my writing to help create some great stories, memories and family traditions this year.  This also includes Chris and I each booking a one on one activity "date" a month with Molly or Jack (we'll likely alternate who gets a date with mom or dad each month).
  2. Although I read 20 books for me in 2014, I want to read more this year.  Although I doubt I'll get back to my before kids one book a week, I'd like to read at least 30 books in 2015.  I also want to read at least five "Classics" that I've never read before as a part of my 30.  If anyone has any recommendations, classics or otherwise, I'd love to hear them.   
  3. Promote my writing and get myself out there.  I would like to push myself and see my work published in seven new places in 2015.  Again, if anyone knows any websites, blogs or magazines where my writing would be a good fit, please let me know.  
  4. While I think that Chris and I have made some progress with making couple time in 2014, we can do better. I'd like to book two dedicated date nights every month with Chris this year. 
  5. I want to make health a priority this year.  This is similar to last year, in the way that I want to make "me" time but applying this to things that I love to do but don't make time for whether it's going on that hike with the kids, doing that exercise DVD, booking a massage or trying out more healthy recipes.  I love cooking and want to share this passion with the kids and Chris more. Molly and Jack love helping out in the kitchen or dancing around the house with us while we blast music.  I'd like to see more of that in our lives.  I want to exercise three times a week and include the kids when I can and I want to try one new, healthy, recipe each week. 
  6. Focus my energy on the most important people in my life by making more time to listen to them, lend an ear and lend a hand because they always do that for me.
  7. Finally, stop complaining and take action.  Far too often I know what is making me unhappy or causing me stress and I wallow in it rather than making an active, positive change.

Wow, now that I'm looking at this I can see it's a pretty meaty list to sink my teeth into....Thank you all for your support as we make our way into another awesome year!

What are you going to do to make 2015 better than 2014?

Want Multiple Momstrosity updates on Facebook click here

No comments:

Post a Comment