Thursday 7 May 2020

Happy Mother's Day (I'm So Sorry)

 
My Mother's Day post has become an annual tradition. Each year I reflect on some of the more challenging and humorous moments with the kids.  A sort of snapshot of my experiences as a mother.  I then think about everything I put my mom through and form an apology letter. Some of these are specific to my life, but I am likely guilty of some pretty comparable crimes from when I was age eight. (or at least my siblings are) Add in the challenges of homeschooling during COVID-19 and there is a lot of material for the 2020 apology.  So here we go!




Dearest Mom,

I am so very sorry for...
  • Needing to urgently use the washroom the second you are in there (even when we have more than one bathroom in the house) and you've just settled in for a bath

  • Gross out potty humour at the dinner table

  • Asking you for a snack when I can clearly see you cooking dinner

  • Distractedly colouring after I have asked you for help with my math homework because "math is boring"

  • Getting into a blow-out fight with my sibling while I know you are on an important conference call

  • Leaving wet vampire teeth on antique tables

  • Crying over spilled milk (and spilled root beer)

  • Leaving trails of discarded clothing all over the house like they're bread crumbs

  • Expressing 'eww gross' over a meal that I know you've spent the better part of an hour preparing

  • Trying on an item of clothing and immediately putting it into the dirty laundry

  • Using an entire bottle of shampoo to make bubble bath because I thought it would be 'funny'

  • Picking dad over you, just about every time, unless I was injured or sick

  • Putting an empty box of cereal, crackers etc. back in the cupboard

  • Smearing toothpaste all over the ledge of the bathroom sink so you lean on it (particularly when you have a face-to-face meeting)

  • Leaving half drunk/ half eaten plates and cups of food all over you to 'discover' much too late

  • Freaking out when you threw out my half finished 'art' projects and 'crafts'

  • Asking "Who farted?" loudly, in public places


    Love Sara






    P.S. Still not sorry for the black lipstick I wore as a teenager!


    P.P.S I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!




No comments:

Post a Comment