Sunday 9 May 2021

Happy Mother's Day - I'm so sorry

It's been over a month since I last posted. Extreme lock down in Ontario hasn't given me much to write about. That being said, we're all managing to muddle through and are happy that it's starting to get warmer outside. 

Now, it's time for my annual Mother's Day Apology note to my own mother. I feel with over a year at home, working with my twins completing online learning I have a lot of inspiration to draw from. So, here we go.



Dearest Mom,


I am so very sorry for:


  • Trying on clothes and immediately throwing them in the dirty laundry 

  • Anytime I didn't go pee (or worse) before we left the house and created undo stress while you had to urgently look for a washroom (or in COVID times a jar or bag)

  • Complaining that there's no food in the house the day after you go grocery shopping

  • Talking to you incessantly when you are on an important phone call/meeting

  • Busting into the bathroom when you are using it

  • Leaving dirty cups like gross petri dishes to grow things in my room

  • Insisting I have a favourite food, and then the second you buy it in bulk, refusing to ever eat it again

  • Wiping my wet hands on a freshly painted wall

  • Accidentally flushing the toilet when you're in the shower and burning you with scalding water

  • The endless dentist appointments you had to sit through (and pay for), even the pre-braces stuff

  • Replaying annoying songs on repeat, at full blast

  • Acting like a hoarder who refuses to throw anything out, even if it's an old cereal box

  • Not brushing my hair and then crying when you have to comb out the tangles

  • Never clearing my dishes, despite being reminded

  • Not saying thank you

  • Not understanding the work it took to keep us safe, and it taking a worldwide pandemic to truly have this one hit home

  • Any time you had to manage my disappointment when things got cancelled 

This past year taught me just how much you sacrificed when we were growing up to keep us happy. I am so thankful that you've managed to stay connected and involved with all of Molly and Jack, even though often times this past 15 months it's been over telephone, email, and zoom.

Happy Mother's Day! I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment