Thursday 21 April 2016

The Whole World Is Our Playground: Revisiting Jeff Healey Playground

In the summer of 2013 Chris and I took the minions to explore Jeff Healey Playground, a park dedicated to Canadian music icon Jeff Healey and his memory, that at the time was still a work in progress.  I'm pleased to report that the regular fundraisers have allowed the completion of the playground and there is now an interactive musical feature that Jeff Healey himself would love.

My park review disclaimer: If you don't live in the area I hope you enjoy the pics and can use some of the ideas to inspire and explore in your own city. If you have any recommendations for great playgrounds ideally some in Toronto proper (indoor or out or new criteria I haven't thought of) please post a comment on this post or email me at multiplemomstrosity@gmail.com

The park is located at Royal York and The Queensway in Toronto (Etobicoke).

Here are some recent photos of the new (to us), music focused equipment that was installed in 2015.

Making Music at Jeff Healey Playground


Beautiful Bells

Jack makes a move towards the colourful drums

Jack is finally big enough to master climbing to the top of the "big kid" structure at the park.


In my previous review I didn't score this playground very high, but a lot of the reason for my score had to do with the age of my children, with the play structures being too "big-kid" focused for the abilities of Molly and Jack who were just two years old at the time.  Now that my kids are four they loved what was available, and I'd say that the added musical feature provides another activity that kids of any age can enjoy.  Today I'd probably rate the playground a solid 4/5.  I'd also add in that the location of this park and playground has made it a best kept secret for the area, and there was no overcrowding, despite it being a beautiful spring day!

To read my review of this park from 2013 click here.

To read my recent review of McCleary (Natural) Playground click here.


To get access to the newest posts from Multiple Momstrosity and more on Facebook click here and follow today!


Follow Multiple Momstrosity on Twitter @Sarabethbug

No comments:

Post a Comment