Our family had a great time exploring the caves and both kids felt like real adventurers!
|Jack & Dad Explore a Cave|
Here are 10 tips to help you make the most of your trip to the caves.
1. Get some coupons from online to save you some money on admission. (We were able to save $4.00 per person with the coupons Grandpa Jim was able to find on line, this adds up quickly when there are four people in your family).
2. Wear your best treaded running shoes or hiking shoes. They won't even let you in the park if you're not wearing appropriate footwear.
|Molly enjoys a pre-lunch climb|
|Molly makes her way out of a narrow cave exploration|
|Taking a much needed rest on a rock|
|Molly and dad on the suspension bridge|
7. Check out the suspension bridge too! After the caves we took a brief break and then hopped on the Scenic Caves "bus" over to the suspension bridge where we were able to check out a great view, and then frogs on the other side.
|We met Tree Beard along our Journey|
9. Don't forget to feed the fish (they're giant) and pretty neat (fish food is available for sale). Or if you're Jack you can feed the seagulls.
10. Bring your sense of adventure! Molly and Jack were convinced there might be buried treasure or faeries in the caves, which made our visit all the more fun!
This activity was well worth the admission price (22.57 for adults and 18.58 for kids 3-17, plus tax) especially if you use some coupons and make a day of it. Jack's favourite activity was chasing/feeding the seagulls whereas Molly liked exploring the narrow cave and the one that was cold like a fridge. I'd definitely return again in a few years, probably on a slightly cooler day!
To get access to the newest posts from Multiple Momstrosity and more on Facebook click here and follow today
Follow Multiple Momstrosity on Twitter @Sarabethbug