Sunday 16 June 2019

Father's Day In Photos

I am not really one for romantic or grand public gestures on social media or otherwise.  Neither is my husband, Chris, in fact it's become somewhat a point of pride for him that he has never (ever)  given me a card in the 15 plus years we've known each other. He writes songs and the most prominent one he's written about me involves me stepping on a nail at a construction site.

As I spend another Father's Day with him, one thing is really apparent. He's always been a super involved dad who cares a lot about his kids. So I'm going to celebrate him publicly.  Fatherhood is being there for your kids, being kind, and being patient.

Life with twins, particularly in the early days, is exhausting and busy.  Today we can sit back and enjoy some time with our kids one on one that isn't a way to stave the other one off from a meltdown (like we did in the not so good ol' colic days).

Happy Father's Day to all the awesome dads I know.  Happy Father's Day to all the dads, step-dads, uncles, grandfathers, brothers, mentors, dads who can't be with their families on Father's Day, dads who are no longer there, and friends who make the cut as honorary family members.  And a special thanks to all the dads and moms who are single parents and do it all!












No comments:

Post a Comment