Now that we've had a few days of candy gluttony under our belt (taken form as a muffin top) it's time to get that candy out of our house. We had the minions select treats to share with everyone we visited over the rest of the weekend, but that barely made a dent. Tonight I am going to package up some giant zip lock bags to bring into both Chris and my offices. I fired up Google and found some creative ways to use up that Halloween Candy, get a head start on your holiday baking, gifting and maybe even start some new traditions.
9 Great Ways to Use Your Halloween Candy
(Beyond snacking on it in front of the new episodes of Grimm after your Children go to Bed)
1. If you can keep your hands out of the ice box...FREEZE it. You can bring it back out later on to use for sundaes, decorate your gingerbread house or on or any of the recipes I mention below.
2. Turn it into trail mix and bring it on your next hike when you check out the fall colours. Here are some recipes for Tasty Maple Trail Mix and Mountain Trail Mix.
3. Make Halloween Candy Bark: Melt it down and make it into a festive treat, like this version on Pinterest.
4. Make Halloween Candy Cookie Cake - This looks AMAZING.
5. Know anyone with a November Birthday? Make them a Halloween Candy Cake. Or buy them a pinata and fill it up.
6. Get Crafty...Taste of Home offers ideas on candy wreaths, ornaments, frames and napkin rings.
7. Make home made "flavoured booze". Here's a tutorial on how to make Skittles Vodka.
8. Pull some out to put into your home made advent calendar for December, cause it's gotta taste better then that cardboardy tasting stuff in the store bought versions at the dollar store.
9. Get patriotic. Some dentists will buy back Halloween candy and donate it to Canadian Forces who are overseas.
How do you use up your Halloween Candy?
Thanks to your support I have been nominated for VoiceBoks Blog Influencer of the year. If you have a moment please visit and vote for me and if you're feeling extra generous share this message: http://voiceboks.com/multiple-momstrosity/ You can vote daily.
I'm creating some posts on how to save cash this holiday and need your help! If you are interested in participating PM me or drop me a line to email@example.com
Want Multiple Momstrosity updates on Facebook click here