I am so incredibly sorry for....
- Being a drama queen and then crying because you suggested that I was being, well, dramatic.
- Handing you my banana peels, granola bar wrappers and dirty Kleenexes instead of throwing them into the garbage and acting like you were my own personal custodian.
- Throwing the above-mentioned garbage onto the floor (or down the sides of the couch cushions) instead of in the garbage "myself" as you suggested.
- So much car sickness. A hose is not enough to get out the smell.
- Drawing on the walls with crayons or pens.
- Eating sand and dirt out of potted plants and getting worms. When confronted about eating sand this week Jack responded with, "It's okay mom, this time I pretended it was chicken." It's only a matter of time.
- Using your antique wooden furniture as my own personal sticker book.
- Pooping on the floor beside the toilet.
- Making you act like referee only to sneak back to playing with the sibling I was fighting with moments later.
- Tattling over stupid stuff and "forgetting" to tell you stuff that mattered.
- Not keeping track of my toys/personal belonging and then throwing a tantrum when you couldn't produce them on demand.
- Stretching out any of your favourite shirts by yelling, "I'm going back inside your belly!" and literally climbing inside your shirt.
- Demanding that we watch the same show (Dora, Peppa the Pig) for the bazillionth time and then sweetly asking if you could sit with me and cuddle, because I know you will, even if you don't want to.
- Forcing you to spend more time in disgusting public washrooms than you ever thought possible (even though we left the house ten minutes ago).
- Any time I was a liar: told bold faced lies, was shocked and devastated when you busted me and then requested an apology for making me "feel sad".
- The mass destruction of your property, most recently ripping $30 worth of wrapping paper because you were "practising opening presents".
- This only being the tip of the ice berg....
P.S. Still not sorry for the black lipstick I wore as a teenager.
P.P.S. I wouldn't trade any of it for anything in the world!
To see last year's apology note click here.
To see the 2013 apology note click here.
To see an apology note from the infant years click here.
To view the Mother's Day card hall of shame click here.
To get access to the newest posts from Multiple Momstrosity and more on Facebook click here and follow today!