Monday 24 December 2012

All I Want for Christmas

People spend a lot of time trying to find the prefect holiday gift, but what about the perfect holiday movie?  I have 5 that it just doesn't feel like Christmas without, so if you have some time over the next few days to check out any of the following Christmas Specials I highly encourage the following (in no particular order)  I also welcome any suggestions...

The Grinch Who Stole Christmas - 1966
For those who need a story with a moral in the end....I also think the fact that Molly looks like a brunette Cindy Lou Who makes this story a little more heart warming than usual this year.

Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer - 1964
For traditionalists who like their men and reindeer sexist and their abominable snow men with a heart of gold.  I also revel in the fact that the explorer Yukon Cornelius is drunk the entire movie

Elf - 2003
The new classic...a romantic comedy meets good old fashioned cheesy New York Christmas Story.

Frosty the Snowman - 1954
I've already told you about the drinking game...This is a great classic and only a half hour long.  

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - 1989
John Hughes answer to a Christmas Movie (I guess Home Alone also counts), but this one is better.  I fell in love with this movie when I went to see it for Girl Guides for our Holiday Party and never looked back.

As for us and Christmas - I think we're ready...

 We wrapped the minions errr gifts...*
We trimmed the cupcake tree**

And Most Importantly: We chilled the wine!


Happy Holidays to you and your family!

*Please note: wrapping your children in cellophane may be funny, but it probably isn't the best parenting.
**Did I make those myself?  No, but they were hand purchased at Loblaws with love and care.

No comments:

Post a Comment