Tuesday 19 December 2017

Warrior - Fighting Cold & Flu Season

There is an illness that has been ripping through our family.  I guess it "Tis" the season.  Chris was the first one to be taken down and spent the better part of two and a half days in bed.  This meant a lot of disinfecting (which apparently didn't work), cleaning, laundry, in addition to running hot baths for him and making sure he stayed hydrated.

Image Courtesy of YouAndMeme.com
Last night Jack got sick.  It came on quickly, like a tidal wave, and all over the staircase (thank you mucous).  Today he's at home with me, binge watching Netflix, and feeling a whole lot better.  I probably could have sent him to school today, but thought better of it.  Kids need R and R too, and I'm guessing the other parents don't want us to gift this to them for the holidays. I'm crossing all my fingers and toes that Molly and I get to skip this one.


I am not happy that Jackie is sick, however I am thankful for the capabilities of ill six year olds  compared to coping with sick infants and toddlers.  When I think back to the run six month span of infant illnesses when they were toddlers, like the Strep Throat of 2012, I am thankful that we're not living those days anymore. Here are some important illness milestones we've reached.


  1. My kids can make it to the toilet (most of the time) when they need the facilities.
  2. They know how to use disinfectant wipes to help minimize the spread of germs.
  3. They can tell me what's wrong.
  4. They can tell me what they need, whether it's a blanket, a bucket, or a cherry Popsicle.
  5. Losing a few pounds due to lack of appetite isn't going to warrant a trip to the doctor.
  6. They can wash their hands properly.
  7. They have an understanding of why we kiss on the cheek and sneeze like a vampire.
  8. They can take their own temperature and understand what the numbers mean.

    And Most Importantly
  9. They still want extra cuddles from mom and dad when they're not feeling well. 
May your holidays bring you health and wellness with your family, and if someone gets sick don't forget to enjoy the extra cuddles!

To get access to the newest posts from Multiple Momstrosity and more on Facebook click here and follow today

Follow 
Multiple Momstrosity on Twitter @Sarabethbug



1 comment:

  1. Success often depends upon knowing how long it will (wood shavings machine) take to succeed.

    ReplyDelete