Wednesday 3 January 2018

Things My Kids Say: As Shared On Twitter

We spend a lot of time with the minions and I'm fortunate enough to record the things that they say and do so I can look back on it and laugh.  Some of it makes the blog and other smaller moments don't.  One of the brilliant things about Twitter is how it's the ultimate parenting "elevator speech", because you have to keep it short. Below are Tweets, conversations, parental musings and things that the minions have done or said over the past month, for your reading pleasure that haven't made it to the blog.

1. M: How come I'm not allowed to wear my rain boots out for errands but he's allowed to wear a dinosaur costume? Dad: Because his choice entertained me. You're just being lazy.


2. J: do you outgrow diarrhea when you become an adult? me: sorry buddy that will happen sometimes for the rest of your life J: bummer. He he. Bum. (I think he's over it)



Image Courtesy of www.cbr.com



3. Me: What are you thinking about? J: Whether or not Harvey Dent has burnt nipples. Me: Excuse me? J: When he became #TwoFace Me: Probably at least one because it was one side of his body. J: That might make me angry enough to become a bad guy #Batman #KidLife #Parenting


4. J: so I'm not allowed to watch Deadpool because it's too violent? Me: yes. And there's too much bad language. J: Does Deadpool say butt and gonads and crap and fart and poop? Me: yup all the worst swears. J: yeah that is pretty bad.

Image Courtesy of Giphy



5. I just accidentally washed my hands using J's bubble mint toothpaste...New year...definitely the same me...  
#NewYearsResolutions


6. When your family Singalong ends with a tantrum because someone sang joker ran away instead of the penguin passed ballet #parenting #HolidaySeason


7. Explain reincarnation to my kids. M: So if I lead a very good life I can come back as a unicorn! Me: In theory. If unicorns were real & a higher soul evolution. M: Of course they are -they have horns Me: So do rhinos. Do you want to become one? M: UNICORNS WHEE!!! #parenting


8. J: A lot of animals were bigger versions of themselves in prehistoric times? Me: Yes, then they evolved into other things to better survive their environment. J: So that means Santa's elves and fairies might have been giant in prehistoric times.



To read more blogs featuring the wacky things my kids say as featured on twitter, follow me @Sarabethbug & click hereclick herehereherehereherehereherehere, &here.

No comments:

Post a Comment